- We at GirlEffect.org encourage the reproduction and distribution of our materials, electronic products and/or services, including our name and logo that are hosted at www.girleffect.org (the "Materials"). However, such uses have limitations and it is important that you read and understand the following:
- The entire content of this website, including but not limited to text, graphics or code is protected by copyright as a collective work under the laws of the United States and other countries, and is the property of GirlEffect.org or other third parties. The collective work includes works that are licensed to GirlEffect.org. Copyright 2008-2015, GirlEffect.org. All RIGHTS RESERVED.
- "The Girl Effect" name and "The Girl Effect and G" logo (the "Marks") belong solely to GirlEffect.org. GirlEffect.org claims no rights in the "G" design alone.
- You may use GirlEffect.org materials hosted on this website only for non-commercial or educational purposes.
- Any Materials used must retain any copyright, intellectual property, proprietary or other notices or disclaimers contained in the original material, and include the notation "Source: GirlEffect.org."
- When any Mark is used, please include the line "_______ is a Trademark of GirlEffect.org" visibly on the page.
- You are forbidden from using any GirlEffect.org Material appearing on this website:
- for personal or corporate gain;
- for any suggestion of Girl Effect.org endorsement, approval, sponsorship or affiliation of a product or policy where such endorsement has not explicitly been made in writing by GirlEffect.org;
- for any false representation of yourself as a GirlEffect.org office, employee, agent or official spokesperson, or any false representation related to GirlEffect.org, including that you are raising funds or donations for or on behalf of GirlEffect.org;
- in a way that combines the Marks with other trademarks or alters the proportions, font, arrangement, outline or otherwise distorts the shape of the Marks;
- should such use violate or cause GirlEffect.org to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation of any governing jurisdiction including, without limitation, those governing property, consumer protection, unfair competition, false advertising, discrimination, privacy or human rights.
- should such use be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing or contrary to the mission of GirlEffect.org;
- should such use be in connection with pornography, obscene or offensive material, or any material that would be harmful to minors; and
- Any use of the GirlEffect.org Materials other than as set out above, including for fund raising purposes, requires express written permission from GirlEffect.org. Please contact [email protected] to inquire about such permission.
Commercial use of any GirlEffect.org Materials, including any articles, images, or Marks, may constitute a violation of intellectual property or other laws.
Third party links
This website and all of the content and services included or provided on this website are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, girleffect.org disclaims all warranties, express or implied. Girleffect.org does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes this website available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Girleffect.org does not make any warranties or representations regarding the materials in this website in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability, non-infringement, originality, or otherwise. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Girleffect.org disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any users or other third parties in connection with or related to your use of this website. You assume total responsibility for your use of this website and any linked sites. Your sole remedy against girleffect.org for dissatisfaction with this website or any content is to stop using this website or any such content. This limitation of relief is a part of the bargain between the parties.
Limitation of Liability
Girleffect.org shall not be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this website or the performance of the products purchased through this website or the conduct of other users of this website, even if girleffect.org has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Last Modified: December 2, 2011